New York, NY 10011
Manhattan Architecture firm specializing in luxury single-family home design, hospitality, and high-end commercial development globally.
Actively pursuing an Accounting Assistant to support the team as they grow. This position will partner with their management team to develop and execute finance/accounting strategies and programs.
- General bookkeeping responsibilities.
- Support day-to-day financial record keeping for the firm.
- Monitor project fees and collect billings.
- Support financial management operations and generate accurate financial reports.
- Process all accounts payable and receivable.
- Issue monthly client invoices.
- Track client, consultant, and office expenses.
- Maintain regular updated invoices and fee schedules.
- Serve as point of contact for vendors’ billing/accounting department.
- Process business expenditures, rent, recurring bills, and other overhead payments.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Issue reimbursements to employees as needed.
- Strong financial background.
- High attention to detail with an eye to maximize gains and minimize expenses/losses.
- Ability to manage multiple long-term engagements.
- Excellent ability to operate under pressure and problem-solve in difficult situations with a positive, cheerful attitude.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Advanced/Expert proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- 2-4 years of bookkeeping or business management experience in a small to medium sized firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or related field preferred.
- Experience in the design industry preferred.
This firm offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurances, a 401(k) retirement plan, commuter benefits, and paid time off.