Director of Industry Education
New York, NY
About the role: We are looking for a Director of Industry Education to develop, implement and deliver best-in-class education programs for the real estate brokerage community. The Director will lead a portfolio of programs and services to position the association as the destination for real estate education in NYC.
- Oversee the creation, evolution and management of best-in-class industry education programs including relevant content, new formats, faculty relations, and operations.
- Implement instructional best practices to achieve optimal learning and engagement outcomes for a broad range of stakeholders, including salespersons, associate brokers and brokers in both residential and commercial real estate.
- Craft and master the association's education experience which will become the brand and key differentiator among competitors in the real estate education space.
- Oversee course submissions to NYS Department of State as well as relationship and compliance efforts since the association is a course provider for professionals to acquire and/or renew their real estate license.
- Manage online education providers.
- Work closely with committees and industry insiders to validate course content, relevance and delivery.
- Partner with Vice Presidents to develop program strategy and support learning needs for their constituents.
- Design non-credit classes focused on just-in-time learning, executive education and professional development.
- Manage volunteer leadership efforts such as communication, relationships and meetings with the Education Committee and other volunteer contributors.
- Stay up-to-date on issues and opportunities affecting the brokerage industry in NYC to ensure that all education programs and relevant, timely and needed.
- Provide leadership to industry certifications and collaborate with partners to ensure effective management and growth strategy.
- Leverage program performance data to generate insights and inform strategic decisions for the unit.
- Gather and use survey data and analytics to continually improve courses and course offerings.
- Partner with marketing and communications manager to develop campaigns, branding and strategic visibility for the association's education.
- Supervise program coordinators.
BA/BS degree required. Masters in related field preferred.
You have 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience designing and managing large scale learning initiatives that address the needs of a diverse, demanding, and fast-changing population of professionals in one or multiple industries. You are an adult learning guru who knows how to design programs for busy professionals.
You’re an experience lover. You care about how learners interact with content and education events. You’re versed in experiential learning, observation, feedback and data to take programs to the next level. You thrive in designing experiences from the moment a participant walks into the classroom/learning space. You know what it means to be a learner in the 21st century.
You are committed to helping people become better at their jobs and evolve professionally. Your involvement in every stage of a program shows that you care about learners, and while you know the product very well, you are not afraid to make it better. You exude empathy, confidence and expertise.
You are a results-driven person, and want to get things done fast, but still with an attention to detail, proper approvals and thoroughness. You are a professional.
You're ambitious professionally, inquisitive intellectually, and relentless in the pursuit of your goals. You like to organize the process, understand chaos, master difficult personalities and make things better. You are a driver, not a passenger.
You understand how to match course content with a communications campaign, can drive demand via social media and create public excitement about what’s new. A core aspect of your personal brand is to deliver timely and innovative programs and events.
You like to learn everything about the industry you serve, gather advice and knowledge from your constituents and work with subject matter experts effectively. You collaborate with people with the ability to learn and build relationships quickly.
Finally, and most importantly, you always conduct yourself with integrity, never willing to compromise on telling the truth, admitting to a mistake or not knowing the answer to a question. Your work makes companies proud.
9am-5pm, exempt, bonus eligible and great benefits