New York, NY 11011
Grants Manager - Downtown Manhattan Non-Profit
The Development Department is responsible for raising the funds necessary for this non-profit to be successful. The position will report to the Deputy Director. The primary responsibilities of the Grants Manager are to perform grant and foundation management, including foundations budget, annual work plan and strategic plan priorities.
The Grants Manager will:
- Manage all grant and foundation activities, including annual work plan and strategic plan priorities.
- Other activities include: Writing, assembling, editing, and pursuing existing and new grants and grant reports for various programs and projects;
- Developing new - and maintaining existing - donor relationships;
- Managing and updating the online grants calendar on Google drive;
- Filing all appropriate grant proposal, reporting, profile, and other related documents online in the Foundation folders on Google drive;
- Maintaining and updating email listserv contacts, and other mailing lists and contacts:
- Working with staff to make sure all relevant Foundation donor related notes and information is input into Salesforce database;
- Generating Acknowledgements and other letters and communications as needed;
- Engaging in additional related fundraising activities, including;
- Researching and contacting Foundation donors and prospects for cultivation purposes;
- Helping to manage and strengthen current Foundation donor stewardship and communication activities such as mailings and quarterly e-mailings: annual report, magazine, special news items, etc.;
- Leading and moderating Development Support listserv for staff who are interested in fundraising related topics;
- Producing and conducting fundraising, trainings, and webinars and related materials at conferences and online;
- Participating in events and other fundraising activities as appropriate
Bachelor’s Degree with 4+ years' experience with Foundation fundraising.
Experience with Salesforce preferred.
Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates.
Ability to solve problems by selecting and applying commonly used procedures, precedents, and rules.
Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting deadlines.
Experience working in complex environments with a high degree of organizational effectiveness and attention to detail.
Ability to communicate effectively with various types of people.
Possesses superior communications skills
Experience with international funding sources a plus!
Compensation: Competitive non-profit salary, commensurate with experience; excellent benefits